We have been working on multiplication word problems for a while in our class. They are so hard for my students. Soon we will be moving into double and triple digits by a single digit. My students need to have a firm understanding of how these problems work with simpler problems first! To help students “get it” we first spent a week on words problems and then they worked on these word problems books. We still completed the word problem books in small groups for reading support. I have compiled all of these into a multiplication word problems packet.
– 3 differentiated books with single digit by single digit multiplication word problems. Students are required to show answers in pictures, number sentences and an answer sentence.
– Each book contains the same seven problems but the lowest level problems have bolded, italicized clue words and a cloze sentence for the answer. The mid level book does not have bolded, italicized clue words but does have a cloze sentence for the answer. The highest level book does not have bolded, italicized clue words and requires students to independently write the answer in a compete sentence.
– Teacher assessment rubric included for each book
– Nine multiplication word problem to use for modeling in small or whole groups (that are different from the student books)
– Multiplication clue words poster (8 ½ x 11 inches)
This will be sale in my Teachers Pay Teachers store soon for $3.50!